Games AcademyIn preparation to host the first international multi-sport event to take place in Turkmenistan, the Ashgabat 2017 Executive Committee will host a Games Academy for existing employees and new recruits.
Health. Inspiration. Friendship.
Executive Committee on preparation of the V Asian Games...Executive Committee
In 2010 Ashgabat won the right to host the 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games. The Games will take place 17–27 September 2017.
In preparation to host the first international multi-sport event to take place in Turkmenistan, the Ashgabat 2017 Executive Committee will hold a Games Academy for existing employees and new recruits.
What is the Games Academy?
The Ashgabat 2017 Games Academy is an innovative recruitment and development programme for Turkmen nationals. The Games Academy Learning Programme will develop the skills and Games knowledge of the Executive Committee’s employees as part of a lasting legacy to develop sports events leaders of the future.
The Games Academy will recruit 400 people to fulfil key roles within the Executive Committee, who will be mentored by leading international experts and receive on-the-job training in the planning and operations involved in delivering a major event.
What type of roles do we have available?
We are recruiting for Generalists and Specialists.
For generalist roles, candidates should be eager to learn, committed to delivering a successful Games and prepared to integrate with a diverse team.
For specialist roles, candidates will also be required to provide evidence of experience and competence in technical or managerial roles.
Ashgabat 2017 are looking to recruit both generalists and specialists in the following functional areas:
- Communications, Brand & Marketing
- Catering, Cleaning and Waste
- Event Services
- Games Services
- Venue Management
- Human Resources
- Volunteer Management
- Workforce Management
- Uniform Management
- Project Management Office
- Technical Services
- Results Technology Services
- Venue Technology Services
- Athlete Village
- National Olympic Committee Services
Why work at the 5th Asian Indoor & Martial Arts Games?
Employees will have the opportunity to:
- Develop hands-on experience and skills through the Games Academy Learning Programme.
- Make a direct contribution to planning and operational delivery of the Ashgabat 2017.
- Learn sports management best practice from leading experts in international major event specialties.
- Be part of the largest sporting event to take place in Turkmenistan
Employees will be provided with the opportunity to:
- Work in an exciting, high profile and fast paced environment.
- Achieve a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment.
- Meet new people, make new friendships, interact and connect.
- Learn roles that are unique to the sporting industry.
- Enhance skills and develop new abilities.
- Develop a spectacular event for their country.
What type of people are we looking for?
We are looking for people who are talented, ambitious and ready to show dedication about working to deliver the best ever Asian Indoor & Martial Arts Games.
The Games Academy applicants must be Turkmen nationals, have the right to work in Ashgabat and be a minimum of 18 years of age.
Candidates will be hired as full time employees on fixed term contracts to the end of September 2017.
All employees will be required to pass relevant security and background checks
How can I apply?
Role will be advertised on our website and via recruitment agencies.
You can apply by emailing the Ashgabat 2017 Games Academy recruitment team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Roles will continue to be advertised on this website every month and we recommend for you to continue to check for future positions. You are welcome to submit your resume to the recruitment team to express your interest of employment.