LicensingThe Executive Committee responsible for the preparation of the 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games (Executive Committee) is seeking proposals from national and international organisations (Applicant) to become the official Merchandise Licensee for the 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games which will take place in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan in 2017 (Games).
Health. Inspiration. Friendship.
Executive Committee on preparation of the V Asian Games...Executive Committee
The Executive Committee responsible for the preparation of the 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games (Executive Committee) is seeking proposals from national and international organisations (Applicant) to become an official Merchandise Licensee for the 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games which will take place in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan in 2017 (Games). The rights to be licensed include the sale of merchandise bearing the logo and other marks of the Games through retail / wholesale channels, and includes the sale of Licensed Merchandise during the Games period from 17th to 27th September 2017.
The Merchandise Licensees shall use the approved Games logo and other marks to design, produce, distribute and sell Licensed Merchandise, both before and during the Games, through retail outlets and in territories to be agreed between the parties.
The Licensed Merchandise may include, but may not be limited to:
- Pin Badges
- Clothing – t-shirts, polo shirts, caps
- Back packs
- Wrist bands
- Drinks bottles
- Stationery items
- Sports equipment
- Towels / bedding
- Other gifts
The Merchandise Licensees may be required to operate, and sell Licensed Merchandise at, Games sales concession locations, which will include Ashgabat International Airport, the Ashgabat Olympic Park and Village, and at other locations to be mutually agreed between the parties.
Any and all costs incurred in the design, production, distribution and sale of the Licensed Merchandise, including unsold inventory, will be the responsibility of the Merchandise Licensees.
The successful Applicant will:
- Design: Work with the Executive Committee to utilise the approved logo and other marks, for use on Licensed Merchandise, the range of which shall be agreed between the parties.
- Produce: Produce the Licensed Merchandise as agreed between the parties.
- Distribute and Sell: Distribute and sell the Licensed Merchandise.
- Market: Provide marketing expertise for the sale of the Licensed Merchandise.
- Supply: Supply the Executive Committee with Licensed Merchandise, to be issued on a free of charge basis to ViPs, workforce and others involved in the Games, on terms favourable to the Executive Committee.
Applicants are requested to note the evaluation criteria set out below and submit their proposal to include the following:
- Company profile
- Corporate experience
- Approach and methodology for design, production, distribution, sales and marketing
- Financial offer:
- For the acquisition of the license
- Proposal to supply the Executive Committee with Licensed Merchandise
- Proposed product list and indicative pricing
The Executive Committee shall, at its sole discretion, have the right to accept or reject any proposal, reject all proposals, or award a single or multiple Merchandise License to whomever the Executive Committee deems appropriate and in the best interest of the Games.
The Executive Committee will evaluate proposals to determine the proposal(s) that, in its opinion, represent the most advantageous. The evaluation will include consideration of the Applicants’ financial offer, and may include consideration of such other criteria as the Executive Committee considers appropriate, including without limitation any or all of the following:
Applicant’s proposed retail/ wholesale pricing of products;
Applicant’s product plan, including the proposed type, style, materials and quality of the products being proposed;
Applicant’s marketing plan which will include its proposed distribution network, sales strategy and methodology;
Applicant’s corporate history and demonstrated business and financial capacity to serve as Merchandise Licensee;
Applicant’s relevant experience, qualifications, reputation and references, particularly the Applicant’s depth of experience in similar licensing programs and in working with the sport community;
Applicant’s use of quality materials and methods in its production;
Applicant’s commitment to working in partnership with the Executive Committee to ensure a successful licensing program;
Quality assurance and quality control within the Applicant’s organisation to ensure that
- the Licensed Merchandise is designed and manufactured to the highest quality standards and comply with all legislative requirements of the country(ies) in which sales take place;
- that a high level of service is maintained throughout the licensing program; and
- that potential problems are pro-actively identified and rectified;
Applicant’s customer service model and the availability of resources within Applicant’s organisation to ensure that a consistently high level of service is provided in a timely manner throughout the program;
Applicant’s commitment that products delivered through the supply chain will be manufactured and distributed ethically;
Overall quality of the Applicant’s proposal, including completeness and brevity of documentation.
The foregoing criteria are not necessarily exhaustive or listed in order of importance and will not necessarily be weighted equally in terms of importance. The Executive Committee will, in its sole discretion, determine the weighting to be given to the evaluation criteria established for this RFP.
For further information contact:
Senior Manager, Sponsor Sales and Service
Tel: +993 6959 5195
Senior Manager, Sponsor Sales and Service
Tel: +993 6630 3305
The closing date is: Friday 10th February 5pm. Late proposals will not be accepted. Proposals should be sent be email to firstname.lastname@example.org