Vibrant Opening Ceremony at the Central Asian Short Course Swimming Tournament
Dancers dressed in traditional Turkmen costumes and young artistic and rhythmic gymnastics’ athletes entertained the spectators at the Opening Ceremony of the Central Asian Short Course Swimming Tournament, which commenced on Wednesday at the Aquatics Centre in the Ashgabat Olympic Complex. The event forms part of the Inspiring Ashgabat Test Event series, a high level opportunity to test the readiness of the facilities ahead of the Ashgabat 2017 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games.
Mr. Toyli Komekov, Chairman of the State Sports Committee officially declared the competition open and underlined the importance of a healthy lifestyle and the development of a sporting culture in Turkmenistan.
The Chairman of the Technical Committee of Swimming of the Asian Swimming Federation, Mr. Haoran Yuan, praised the State of Turkmenistan for its continuous support in the development of swimming and thanked the host for its hospitality and tireless efforts to deliver this important test event ahead of the Games in September.
Mr. Yuan said: “Thank you esteemed President of Turkmenistan for your continued support in developing aquatics in the country. I look forward to two great evenings of competition in this fantastic venue. Good luck to all the athletes.”
Short Course Swimming is one of the 21 sports that are due to take place at the Ashgabat 2017, with four days of competition starting on 22 September in the Aquatics Centre.
- Latest News15 June, 2017 (11:31)
- Latest News17 May, 2017 (12:35)
- Latest News02 May, 2017 (15:02)
- Latest News27 April, 2017 (21:19)
- Latest News27 April, 2017 (18:52)
- Latest News26 April, 2017 (22:23)
- Latest News26 April, 2017 (20:28)
- Latest News26 April, 2017 (18:15)
- Latest News26 April, 2017 (12:52)
- Latest News20 April, 2017 (17:59)
- Latest News03 October, 2016 (13:21)
- Latest News07 August, 2016 (20:56)
- Latest News
Swimmer Merdan Atayev became standard-bearer of Turkmenistan National team during opening ceremony of Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro06 August, 2016 (12:39)
- Latest News01 August, 2016 (20:14)
- Latest News
It was summed up the Championships of Turkmenistan on swimming, archery, fighting wushu and acrobatics17 April, 2016 (09:50)
- Latest News10 April, 2016 (10:59)
- Latest News13 August, 2014 (21:02)